Friday, February 5, 2010

Who wants to hear an annoying story?

I need another pair of no-gi shorts.  I hate the ones I have, and have been looking for some for the past few months.  However, it is winter, and no one seems to have ANYTHING but pants...or shorts with 900 pockets and zippers.  With NAGA around the corner, I splurged on a pair of 60 dollar fight shorts, and ordered them just in the nick of time to receive them before this weekend.  Shipping said 7-10 days.  They actually got here in 4 days.

WOOHOOO!! ..... No.

The shorts are really cute, feel really sturdy and the material is nice and breathable feeling.  I really like them a lot.  The problem.... they run small... as in tiny.

I wear a size 3 right now, and the size chart said if I am a 3 or 4, order a three.  I ordered a 5 just to be on the safe side, also thinking I am going to put some of this weight I am dropping back on.... and they fit, but they are low rise, which means I bend over, and viola, muffin top.  And I may just find myself bent over while grappling, so they are not going to work.  I can pull them up an inch or so to solve the muffin top issue, but then they aren't so cute in the crotch area.

With NAGA in 8 days (OMG! 8 days?!)  I don't have time to send them back and exchange them for a larger size, and if I just reorder they may not even get here in time.

I decided just to return them, and order another pair, which means I will pay for shipping twice, but might get them in time,. or hope and pray I can find some shorts I can work with before the weekend.

So, on my way to the post office to return the shorts, I swing by the store... and bam.. New shipment of athletic shorts... Cute athletic shorts that well for no-gi.  And they cost less then I spent on shipping for the shorts I ordered online.

Oh well.  At least I have shorts to fight in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment