Friday, February 12, 2010

Tomorrow is go time!

I made weight!  Woohoo!

I was 134.8 this morning when I woke up.  I ate and behaved normally all day, but I plan to sleep in sweats just in case my scale is off a bit.  I should be weighing in between 11:00 and noon, and fighting around 1:00.

My toe has not been bothering me much at all today, and I noticed it very little while I was grappling on Wednesday and Thursday.

I do have some epic gi burn on my ankle though... Not quite sure how I got it, but it is by far the worst gi burn I've never had.  My only concern with it is that if I get my right leg caught in half guard it is going to hurt like the dickens to pull my leg out.  And of course I pass guard to the left, so it would be my right leg that would be more likely to get caught.

Other then that, I have the normal pre-competition concerns.  What if I blow it... what if I get hurt... And even though, I know they wouldn't be, I worry I am going to disappoint my coaches.

And this will be the last of my annoying songs that make me want to grapple my face off...

1 comment:

  1. Hockey tape is good for gi/mat burn on feet and hands. I've also seen duct tape used.

    Neither comes off when you're sweaty so you'll need a pair of scissors.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete