Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How many times am I going to blog in one day?!

I talked to Fabio and he does not think my toe is broken.  Woohooooo!!!

He thinks I just jammed it pretty bad.  I can live with that.  Fabio also showed me how to tape it properly, and it already feels better.

I did one grapple with Allie who was hyper aware of my foot, as was I, and it was fine.  I was scared to  use my foot to hook though.  After the roll, Allie let me try my favorite sweep with no resistance, and I could do it  with out pain just fine.  But during the grapple, I couldn't being myself to hook.  lol  I was too scared.

I have two classes between now and my cut off day.  I plan on grappling tonight, but going lightly, and asking Ben and Mario only put me with the less spastic grapplers.  Then tomorrow night see how my toe feels and grapple as hard as I think I can with out hurting myself.  

2 comments:

  1. Is your toe and near foot purple/black? If not, then he's right, it's probably not broken. I've done the jammed-so-bad-it-feels-broke thing before, too. It goes away in a day or so.

    Good luck getting your toes sorted out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not purple and black, but it is bruised up really badly. The bruising is actually starting to move down the top of my foot.

    I rolled with it tonight though, and honestly it didn't bother me much. The only time I noticed it was when I was transitioning from my knee to putting my foot flat on the mat and my leg was a little trapped when I was moving.

    The swelling seems to be down, and I think that is relieving a lot of the pressure I was feeling.

    I really hope it keeps improving.

    And thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete