Sunday, January 31, 2010

Well, that was.... weird?

I was talking to a friend today about people doing weird things mid-grapple.

I have been licked, kissed, and bitten.  

I believe he called them "unique experiences".

I never really thought they were all that strange.  Though, it may be due to the fact that they were during more relaxed fun rolls versus when we are being serious, and more importantly they were done by other women.  I am sure I would have felt much differently if a man had been doing the licking.  It could also be due to the fact that I roll with one of my best friends, and she would be hard pressed to find something to do to me mid grapple (or other wise for that matter) that would freak me out.  (I don't think she feels the same way about that as I do though.  haha!  I'm touchy feely.. and she isn't so much.  lol)  

I have had my fingers bitten (not hard) while trying to gi choke someone... licked as a escape attempt, and kissed on the cheek on several occasions where a maneuver brought my face with in kissing range of someone's mouth.  And I know I do that to Allie a lot.. . especially when we are drilling.  (Sorry Allie!  You know I love you so much I just can't help myself!)

I have heard of the "oil check", but thankfully that one has not been done to me, nor do I think I will be doing that to anyone...even Allie, anytime soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I know I have fun training at my academy, but yours sounds more fun!
    I have beenguilty of the odd tickle on some of our younger grapplers. It's so funny watching them giggle in fits but trying hard not to be a little kid.

    I have to ask...what is the oil check? Is it rude?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! The oil check is like goosing someone... poking them right in the butt with a few fingers. LOL

    Some of the guys joke around saying that it is a great ankle lock escape. I'm pretty sure no one has ever actually done that though. Or at least, I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... next time some bastard tries to wrestle me down to the ground and put's me in a hold you can b sure that i am going to check their oil :) thanx for the great advice i am sure that this move will work. thanx steph :)

    ReplyDelete