Monday, January 18, 2010

The crushee, becomes the crusher...

... for once.  hehe

Normally when someone gets me into a solid side control, it forces the air out of my lungs, and crushes my rib cage.  It sucks, but I suck it up and keep on going.  Good side control hurts, I have accepted that.

Tonight, I made a male blue belt who is bigger then me, groan that same groan I do when someone gets me in a tight side control.

I popped off, thinking I had accidentally hurt him in some way.  He laughed at me, and said, "No, your side control is tight, you are crushing me a little."

Granted, I only had him in side control because he let me have a pity guard pass, but still... baby steps, baby steps...  I will take my minuscule, little, tight side control victory.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Baby steps all the way to black belt...in 20 years. lol :) But in all seriousness, I have seen a big improvement in your overall control during grappling. Good job Stephers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Ben would say, Crawl - Walk - Run. =) And I will crawl over the finish line if I have to. lol

    ReplyDelete