Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm pretty sure pregnant ladies don't grapple.

One of my best friends was in the paper this weekend, for having the first baby of the new year.


It also happens to be her seventh child. lol

She is one of those women who make the rest of us look bad. She always looks great, her house is always clean, and she gives thank you cards for everything. How she manges to do that with seven kids is beyond me. I struggle to keep my house from looking like a hole, and looking like I live in a hole with my two.

Selah and I:


In other news:
I was 147.6 this morning.

6 comments:

  1. omg I thought you were announcing a bun in the oven :)

    Hope you had a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! no.... lol

    Thanks and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were going to say that you had decided to get pregnant. And if that was the case, I was going to come over there and beat you up for not telling me before you posted it in a blog!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I want another baby... the timing is all wrong, and it would throw a serious wrench into my BJJ life... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I have heard of one MMA and BJJ grappler - a Brit girl called Rosi Sexton who I seem to recall did actually train (tho not comnpete) when she was pregnant - all the way up to 7 months I think. I'll try to find the interview.
    She's probably an exception.
    My wife used to train JJ but when she got pregnant first time, she spent the entire 9 months puking up, so not really a good thing to bring to the dojo!
    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meerkatsu - Honestly, I think I would probably try to grapple pregnant, but only with those I trusted.

    When I was pregnant, my doctor always said I could continue doing the same level of activity I was doing pre-pregnancy... I wonder if that would apply to Jiujitsu. lol

    ReplyDelete