Friday, March 19, 2010

So, I took the drugs...

My day that started out horribly, ended much worse.

That cough I was talking about got worse... and in a desperate attempt to stop myself from coughing, I some how made my self gag so hard I threw up.  Violently.  Let me tell you how much worse throwing up was then coughing.  I laid on the floor for about an hour, throughly convinced I had broken my body in half.

I finally had to get up when my daughter accidentally locked herself in my closet.  Your two year old crying, "Mommy, help!  Please let me out!"  is pretty much motivation enough to cut my own hand off to help her.

I decided then, that I was going to go ahead and take the Vicodin.  It was past the kids bed time anyway, so I hobbled around, put them to bed and took the meds.

O.M.G.

I should have done this days ago.

I feel okay.  A little weird, but movement is no longer painful... I'm sure my side would hurt if I poked at it, but I'm not an idiot, so I won't test that theory.

So, I am off to bed, for hopefully what will be a good nights sleep.  I've had trouble falling asleep since Tuesday night.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the medicine is helping and that you are not having any adverse reactions to the meds. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that just sounds bad. I am happy that the meds make you feel better.

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steph, remember our conversation about pink elephants and unicorns? Oh, you don't remember? Must have been the pain meds. ;) Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do actually... And I think there was something about leprechauns and a yellow brick road.. right? =)

    ReplyDelete