Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm back, baby!

I rolled on Tuesday night, but went super light, and only twice.  Allie and Gumby.  Allie I trust 100% to not injure me, and Gumby is light and very non-spastic.  Both of those went okay pain wise, and I didn't want to push it.  So I didn't grapple any more after Gumby.  I was aware of my rib after class, but it wasn't pain so much as it was... awareness.  lol

I went to class on Wednesday night too, and told Fabio I wanted to try again, go a little harder, but not push it too much.  So, I went with only girls, and stayed on top... and it was fine.  Yay!  It actually didn't bother me at all.  One of the teenage girls asked if she would work her guard passes though, and wanted to  try the standing pass we did in class.  It's the one where you stand up, and bring the person up with you, press down on one knee and bounce them a little to break their guard.  It would have been fine, except she dropped me.  lol   I'd been catching myself with my arm that wasn't being held when she did it the first few times... I just wasn't ready for the drop.  It hurt when it happened, and for a few minutes after, but it wasn't lasting.  By the time I got home I felt fine...but while I grappled, I made sure not to bend toward or press on my ribs too much.

And I went again this afternoon.  I got to go with Ben, and Derrick.  Both of whom I feel like I could go hard with, (and not threaten them in any way shape or form) and know they will not hurt me, and also prevent me from hurting myself.  I still went easy on my side but I moved more freely then I had been doing.

I feel okay right now...  I am aware of my side.. I can feel where it is sore just sitting here, but it really isn't pain.  It's just...  there.   I do know that a knee to the side right now would be very painful though, or someone using a lot of pressure in side control.  So, I think I am just going to grapple, but protecting my side is going to be my main priority.

While I was going with Ben he was sweeping me... a lot.  Fabio happened to walk by one of the times, and said ..."Watch your base, Stephanie... unless you wanted to go to Brazil."  LOL  -  Thanks, Fabio.  Thanks.


Oh... and it is worth mentioning... Ben and Derrick went today while I was sitting on the wall.  I wasn't aware people could grapple at the speed of light until today.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Glad you're back in business. Just be careful not to push yourself too hard too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know... lol.

    I'm going to have to play it safe... and not be stupid... though, I have never really been going at the not stupid thing... =)

    ReplyDelete