Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Warning! Random Blog Incoming

I need to buy another gi. I go to class 4-6 times a week, and since I can't put my gi in the dryer, I almost always have a semi-damp gi... and I refuse to go to class stinky. Not that it would be dry if I didn't wash it, and I am pretty sure everyone would prefer semi-damp clean gi to semi-damp with sweat gi. I'm going to get another one for Christmas. Why can't CatFightGear.com have a black gi?!

NAGA is this weekend! *insert panicked face here* When I was two weeks into Jiu-jitsu, I decided I was going to compete, and now it is time. I can't believe I've only been doing this for 3.5 months! It feels like so much longer... and what the heck did I do with my time before I had Jiu-jitsu. I am so excited for this! I had a great time at De la Riva in spite of the fact that I didn't have the best luck with my refs, and had a gigantic woman who was a terrible sport I had to fight twice. Not to mention the fact that I am getting out of the house for an entire weekend. Don't get me wrong, my kids are my life, and I would be nothing without them... but I have never been away from them over night since Micah was born.... and he is 5.

On your way to your first competition with Fabio, they tie you to someone else who is going for the first time, and you have to make the entire trip tied to someone else. Bathroom breaks and all... and let me tell you how glad I am to have another female teammate coming.

UFC 105 is also this weekend! I hope there is a sports bar somewhere near the university where NAGA is being held.

I have been trying to gain 5 pounds for this competition. It's weird, and it's giving me a complex. For the past year I've been trying to get into better shape... and for the past 2 weeks I had been dieting hard core to drop for De la Riva. I knew my body wouldn't let me drop 5 more in two weeks for NAGA, so I decided to gain back some of the weight I lost for De la Riva. I don't actually want to be at 140. I don't think I can maintain it and stay healthy, so I do want to get back up to 145-150 ish... but it just feels weird. I've got weight loss so ingrained into my brain that weight gain feels just.... wrong.


I'm so excited about NAGA I am already starting to pack, and my boots do not fit into my suitcase.

I think I am going to cut my hair. Last night it got in my way twice... and so help me, if I get submitted because my pony tail gets suck under my back, or someone's elbow I might just shave my head on the spot... and that would not be pretty.

Three days until we leave for NAGA!

1 comment: