Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th.

I'm not superstitious. However, but after the morning I just had, I might just change my mind.

I woke up this morning to find tiny shards of glass in my bed. We have tile floor, and Zaile did shatter a cup yesterday, so I assume little shards stuck to the bottom of my feet, and ended up in bed with me... and one in my leg. Yay.

Then while geting ready for to go grocery shopping, Zaile painted herself, the area rug and couch with an entire tube of toothpaste. Again... Yay....

On the way to the store, Zaile had an epic melt down in the car because I didn't being a bink with us. (Which by the way cemented my resolve on weaning her of those blasted things! ..I am going to wait until after NAGA though.)

At the store Micah accidently knocked several jars of jelly on to the floor, shattering them.

And on the way home, a semi-truck tried to merge into my lane onto me forcing me to careen in to the median at 60 miles an hour. I laid on my horn, and then the semi swerved back into his lane, nearly flipping his truck and load all over the road. I was nearly hysterical, but Micah and Zaile seemed to think the it was hilarious.

Thank God we made it home safely... and safely at home is where I shall remain for the rest of the day.

Oh, and one other thing... My willpower failed me for the first time in months, and I ate a donut. Never walk through a bakery in the morning hungry. It's actually okay though... I decided to gain, not lose. .. but after months of dieting, eating that donut felt like betrayal.

No comments:

Post a Comment