Sunday, November 15, 2009

Private Lesson!

Best thing ever.

I learned SOO much, and was so nice to repeat the same thing over and over on someone who knows what they are doing, and can point out what I am doing wrong when I mess up. It is also nice that my instructor is a big guy and could stay upright when I jumped up on him over and over.

We went over the clench, pulling guard, jumping guard, and then what to do, and where to grab when we get on to the mat. We also did some basic take down technique, but I think I am a guard pulling kind of girl... at least at this point I am, and honestly it seems to work for me, so I have no real reason to try to change it up. I saw a lot of people just pull guard at De la Riva, so I don't think it's something I shouldn't be doing.

I WISH I could afford another one before NAGA, but between two competitions in one month, and one being one I have to travel and stay over night for, on top of the two schools I pay for... it's just not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment